Low Ec & High Ec Coco Peat
Difference Between Low Ec & High Ec Coco Peat
By CBI and Autentika Global
22 July 2021
Coco peat (cocopeat), also known as coir pith, coir fibre pith, or simply coir dust is made from coconut husks, which are byproducts of Coir industries that use coconuts. Coir waste from coir fibre is separated washed, dried, screened and graded before being processed into coco peat products of various granularity and denseness, which are then used for horticultural and agricultural applications and as industrial absorbent.
As per your requirements we do fibre and screening for below types.
Based on the Electrical Conductivity, Fibre Content and screening we grade coco peat into two types. They are
- Low EC Coco Peat
- High EC Coco Peat
Low EC coco peat is used as Growing mediums. Coco Growing mediums over the years have proven itself to be a huge success & have acquired a market share in the Growing medium trade superseding many other mediums performing beyond expectation. Today Coco growing Mediums have become one of the most sorted for & versatile growing medium that can be applied to any variety of plant both in agriculture & floriculture.
The success of Coco Medium can be mainly attributed to its user friendly nature. Even a first time user of Coco medium with not much knowledge of the material can yield the best harvest without any complications when a very simple set of instructions are followed pertaining to pre-planting & watering.
The Medium itself is a 100% organic substance & is free from any harmful matter. This has given the material an e-friendly label. Unlike many other mediums extraction of Coco Medium dose not harm the environment. In fact using Coco Mediums will assist the environment as disposing the medium after usage will not harm the soil composition as it is an organic matter.
- Potting mix suppliers
- Nursery & Garden center professionals
- Seedling Nurseries
- Lawn and Golf course constructors
- Horticulture and Floriculture applications
- Home Gardening and for landscaping use
High EC coco peat is used as bedding in animal farms. Coco animal bedding is ideal as bedding for as floor layer for animal sheds due to its moisture absorbing quality & soft bed cushioning effects. These bedding are easy to lay & easy to remove & is free from fine dust particles. Our Materials are screened, vacuumed materials without fine dust / additives. It is also sterilized material free from molds & pathogens with no bad odor.
- Coir Peat Blocks is used as a Soil Conditioner, Surface Mulch/ Rooting Medium and Desiccant. Composted Coir Pith is an excellent organic manure for Indoor Plants as well as for Horticulture Crops
- Mixed with sand, compost and fertilizer to make good quality potting soil. Coco Peat generally has an acidity in the range of pH – 5.5 to 6.5. It is a little on the acidic side for some plants, but many popular plants can tolerate this pH range.
- As substrate for growing mushrooms, which thrive on the cellulose. Coco Peat has high cellulose and lignin content.
- Being a good absorbent, Dry Coco Peat can be used as an Oil Absorbent on slippery floors. Coco Peat is also used as a bedding in animal farms and pet houses to absorb animal waste so the farm is kept clean and dry. This variety is commonly know has High EC coco peat.